How far in advance can I wrap pigs in a blanket in puff pastry?

Want to do before the day of dinner party. How many days ahead can I?

• Posted by: Lara
  • December 1, 2016

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen December 1, 2016

Martha Stewart says you can make them, freeze on trays and then store in freezer bags for up to a month. Here's a link to her recipe:
http://www.marthastewart...

Aisha
Aisha December 1, 2016

Yes, agree with Pat (and Martha Stewart). In fact pretty much anything you're making with puff pastry and a not soggy filling, you can make in advance and store in the fridge (a few hours) or the freezer (if longer than overnight). In fact, they'll bake up better because you will have let the pastry rest and the butter/shortening/fast in it firm up again after handling, cueing and shaping.
No need to let it thaw before baking. Just allow for a slightly longer baking time.

ChefJune December 1, 2016

Easily one day ahead, maybe two or three. and bake from chilled. The puff pastry loves going cold into a hot oven, Puffs up even better! and don't forget to spread a little Dijon on the pastry before rolling in your doggies.