Chewy vanilla spice cookies - freezing dough?

Hi! I LOVE these cookies (https://food52.com/recipes...) and want to freeze them so I have some on hand at all times during the holiday season. Has anyone had any luck freezing the dough for these? Did you do individual dough balls? Thanks for any wisdom!

1 Comment

AntoniaJames December 6, 2016

I haven't tried this recipe, but I've frozen many doughs like it. I do it all the time! I'd freeze individual balls on a cookie tray and then wrap them in batch-size packages in parchment, which are then put into tightly wrapped and sealed plastic bags. Mark on the outside of the package the time and temperature for baking. ;o)

Alexandra
Alexandra December 6, 2016

Thank you so much, AntoniaJames! I'm going to try it. The dough (at least by my hands--maybe others don't have the same experience) stays a bit oily from the canola oil, even after all the fridge time. You think that'll still result in a delicious-from-the-freezer cookie?

AntoniaJames December 6, 2016

Alexandra, that shouldn't be a problem with the baked cookies. You could do a test run, of course, freezing 3 or 4 cookie balls overnight and then baking -- refrigerating the rest of the cookie dough in the meantime -- if you wanted to be absolutely sure. Refrigerating the dough for a day or two will only make the cookies taste better! Cheers. ;o)

Alexandra
Alexandra December 7, 2016

Thank you again, AntoniaJames! I don't know why it didn't occur to me to do a few testers. I'm an all-or-nothing kind of girl, I guess. Your advice is so very appreciated!