🔕 🔔

keeping cookie dough

Hi! Please help! I'm in the middle of making the Food52 cookie truck Chewy Vanilla Spice cookies and am wondering if the dough is ok to keep in the fridge longer than the suggested 24 hour chill time? I made a double batch of the dough and am hoping to bake half and keep half the dough...is it possible for this particular dough? Should I keep it in the fridge? Pop it in the freezer? Or just suck it up and bake off the whole batch of dough? Thanks heaps!

asked by Alexandra over 1 year ago

Hi Alexandra - I have not made your recipe (though I want to now!!) but I have made the original Ovenly cookies. I refrigerated for exactly 24 hours, but I can't think of why it wouldn't work if you chilled for longer. My only suggestion would be to wrap it up really well. Sometimes cookie dough can dry out in the fridge if you're not careful.

Thanks, Anna! I ended up baking off all the cookie dough--it happily turned out that I wasn't as pressed for time and frazzled as I thought I was! I cannot recommend these cookies highly enough. They've been a hit with friends, neighbors, coworkers, family...hence last night's double portion of dough. Happy holidays, and thanks again for answering my query! https://food52.com/recipes...

Awesome. I've got the vanilla spice version chilling in my fridge right now thanks to your recommendation. I'm really curious if they will freeze (or keep longer in the fridge), but I'm not sure I can bring myself to risk half the dough for a test! If I do I'll let you know for the future.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

for future reference, I have both refrigerated and frozen all my cookie doughs- for eons, to no bad effect.