🔕 🔔

using a foodprocessor to make meringue

I used my food processor to make whipped cream and was delighted with the results. I was wondering if using the food processor would yield the same type of results. I am wanting to make the cookie known to me as "the forgotten cookie".

asked by Mary Ann 10 months ago

F92231df 227e 4486 9cc8 279621ca1481  harvest party

I am not an expert but I think not - at least not my food processor. You need to incorporate air into the egg whites to make a fluffy meringue, the food processor has a slicing motion rather than the whipping motion you want.

If you had success with whipping cream, does that mean you have a whisk attachment? Mine doesn't have one, so I'm not familiar with them, but it may work. Give it a try.

I doubt that there is a beater attachment for a food processor. It would seem impossible to beat eggs from the bottom up where the post and motor are located. You really need the balloon whisk.

Yes, they have whisk attachments for food processors.

https://www.amazon.com...

My Braun food processor came with a whipping blade and I have used it to make meringues many times. You can see what it looks like here http://www.shaverspot.com... I think some kitchenaid food processors have a similar whipping blade.

Interesting. That's the first time I've seen that attachment for a Cuisinart. But it looks like it only works with the large capacity bowls.

If you have a whisk attachment for your food processor, you definitely can make meringue for Forgotten Cookies in it. None of the blades will work.