The exclusive Italian nonstick from Ballarini the pros swear by. Shop now »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sweet Potato Soup with Feta and Za'atar Oil

A61085fd ffc6 4679 b75b 3a51e0fcae59  2016 1109 sweet potato soup with feta and zaatar oil alpha smoot 460

I have a question about the recipe "Sweet Potato Soup with Feta and Za'atar Oil " from lauren. As the size of sweet potatoes varies greatly, along with one's opinion, just what would be the weight of 5 medium sweet potatoes?

asked by Victor 4 months ago

Victor, same possible approaches as with the eggplant dish yesterday.
1) Cooking is not baking, which is more like chemistry and requires precision. If the recipe author is casual with sizes (I admit, sometimes it is maddening), you can be equally casual in the making. Trust yourself as a cook, go by eye, keep notes. If you like the results, repeat. If you liked the recipe, but want more or less of that ingredient, adjust next time you make it.
2) Use various sources, like the links Lindsay-Jean and I provided yesterday. Or do your own web search...USDA, various nutritionists, dieticians, etc keep lists of ingredients, sizes, their constituent nutrients.
Good luck with the soup...it looks tasty. And happy Boxing Day (from the Commonwealth) or post-Christmas (in USA) and NY (everywhere)...:)