My meringue's always stick and are incredibly chewy, help!

I have attempted to make meringue alot of times now and no matter what i do it sticks and its chewy, i have tried almost everything from wetting the baking parchment to going low and slow with the oven. I dont know what to do anymore but i do want to make meringues that get off the baking parchment and are not chewy for ONCE!

asked by Lis karsten almost 2 years ago

former Community Editor

There are some helpful pointers in this previous thread on the topic: https://food52.com/hotline...

Lis karsten

Thank you for an answer! For my next meringue i will add a pinch of salt along with all the other tips and hope/pray that i will get a good meringue!

It's possible that your oven is to blame. My meringues have improved considerably since I put a pizza stone in the bottom of my oven. It holds the heat and helps the oven temperature remain consistent.