🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Nigel Slater's Really Good Spaghetti Bolognese

B96601ba 03ad 489e 9fce 66347a037383  nigel bolognese

I have a question about the recipe "Nigel Slater's Really Good Spaghetti Bolognese" from Genius Recipes. Can I use milk instead of cream?

asked by umeume 9 months ago

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

He specifies cream or half and half- milk is quite commonly used in Bolognese- it should be fine, but it won't be exactly "Nigel Slater's"- he seems to like a lot of fat. In the recipe I use (Marcella Hazan's) the milk is added right after the meat is sauteed (NOT browned) and is reduced completely before adding the wine- in this recipe, milk will probably leave a bit of extra moisture that will need dealing with.