Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

Frustrated that I live in a food oasis. Where do you Brooklynites food shop?

asked by bay_brown almost 6 years ago
401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

Over the bridge at Eataly, which is kind of like a food museum.

Ad0d3623 a28a 4793 82a8 5f1ab0a2f633  dsc00426

when i lived in south brooklyn, i belonged to the park slope food coop. i got most of my staples there, including cheese from the excellent selection there. but i also shopped frequently at sahadi's for dried fruits, nuts, olives, and grains (and their pre-made hummus rocks) and hopped the 2 or 3 train to the fairway on the upper west side (though the one in red hook was closer, it was harder to get to). i also, of course, love the greenmarkets-- union square (easy subway trip) on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays; borough hall on tuesdays and thursdays; grand army plaza on saturdays. brooklyn fare sometimes had good deals, but it could be a little on the disheveled side. for splurge foods, bklyn larder for sure-- specialty items and prepared foods that are impeccable but definitely not on my day-to-day list.

693453b7 7e84 4b19 b610 d1ec77bbc42d  halloween

Sahadis, Landis and Pastosa for italian prepared foods, fresh mozz etc., Royal Crown bakery for bread, Alba for canoli, Caluccio's for their jarred tuna in olive oil . . . what are you looking to buy and where in BK are you?

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

A friend of a friend opened up this shop in Greenpoint: http://www.nytimes.com...