Frustrated that I live in a food oasis. Where do you Brooklynites food shop?

asked by bay_brown almost 8 years ago

Over the bridge at Eataly, which is kind of like a food museum.

vvvanessa

when i lived in south brooklyn, i belonged to the park slope food coop. i got most of my staples there, including cheese from the excellent selection there. but i also shopped frequently at sahadi's for dried fruits, nuts, olives, and grains (and their pre-made hummus rocks) and hopped the 2 or 3 train to the fairway on the upper west side (though the one in red hook was closer, it was harder to get to). i also, of course, love the greenmarkets-- union square (easy subway trip) on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays; borough hall on tuesdays and thursdays; grand army plaza on saturdays. brooklyn fare sometimes had good deals, but it could be a little on the disheveled side. for splurge foods, bklyn larder for sure-- specialty items and prepared foods that are impeccable but definitely not on my day-to-day list.

iuzzini

Sahadis, Landis and Pastosa for italian prepared foods, fresh mozz etc., Royal Crown bakery for bread, Alba for canoli, Caluccio's for their jarred tuna in olive oil . . . what are you looking to buy and where in BK are you?

Sadassa_Ulna

A friend of a friend opened up this shop in Greenpoint: http://www.nytimes.com...