🔕 🔔

Sourcing powdered egg whites

I have been stymied in my quest to find powdered egg whites in local supermarkets (I've checked three different large stores). Any suggestions? Any brands you prefer? I can find meringue powder, but I want an unsweetened product. And I can find egg replacer...also not what I want.

asked by Windischgirl 4 months ago

Have you tried health food stores or vitamin/fitness shops like GNC? I know that body builders use protein powders that are essentially egg whites. There's bound to be one that's unflavored, like this one, https://www.luckyvitamin...

8671a78d 7dd4 4230 a4ec 2a67389ef45e  image

HP, that's an interesting thought. I wonder if the egg white protein powders can be whipped into meringue.
I have so many Swiss and Austrian cookie recipes that call for egg whites (no yolks) that powdered whites are the way to go. I'll have to read the labels!