🔕 🔔

I am on a SIBO diet and also cannot eat anything raw, no red meat, spices, dairy, citrus or gluten. Any ideas for an interesting meal?

I'm in the green category of the SIBO diet. It seems as if I have been cut off from just about everything I love to eat. Please help.

asked by JP 9 months ago

i've been having fun with chicken. first i make it as soup. and separate and reserve the meat after it is done and continue to simmer the bones. you can then use the shredded meat in the broth with rice noodles and anything in there you can eat. next, you can make a chicken stew with the cubed meat, thickened broth as gravy, and any veggies you can eat. hopefully, you can use garlic and ginger. use corn tortillas for cheeses enchiladas. that might give you some ideas. sorry if i've included things you can't eat, but i don't know what a sibo diet is...irritable something, maybe? i don't want to get too personal. i hope you feel better.

JP

Thanks for your reply. SIBO is Small Intestine Bacteria Overgrowth. Sounds fun, huh? I cannot have ginger or garlic as yet but hope to soon. I'm reading The Medical Medium and it's giving me a lot of solid information about digestive health. I've also started reading Life Changing Food s by the same author. Amazing reads!

Maybe a stir fry of vegetables you can eat with shrimp or chicken?

ktr

fish with fresh herbs, cook on a pan with olive oil or in parchment
pork marinated in gluten free beer and honey (if those are allowed) and then either pan fried or roasted and topped with herbs
eggs, bacon and hash browns
I'd look online for paleo or gluten free recipes that use fish, chicken or pork and modify them to use fresh herbs instead of spices and vinegar instead of citrus.

Can you eat salt and pepper?

JP

Thank you!

22fd5949 f671 4eca 9819 de5858b39390  img 7382

There is a very informative website siboinfo.com that provides incredible info.