A question about a recipe: Bill Smith's Atlantic Beach Pie

B2c85ea9 09c3 497e bb9a b5d53041eb7c  14532063587 5f1fd1b946 h

I have a question about the recipe "Bill Smith's Atlantic Beach Pie" from Genius Recipes. Does the pie need to be refrigerated I'd you plan to use that night or is room temp OK?

asked by KQ over 1 year ago

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

The instructions specify that the pie should be cold to slice....and considering the ingredients, I would serve it completely chilled.

Yes, you definitely want to chill this pie before serving. ;o)

I would certainly refrigerate it, but it's worth pointing out that Key Lime pie (this recipe is simply a standard recipe for that pie with lemon/lime juice subbed for the key lime) was developed at a time when refrigeration was generally unavailable in South Florida, where it comes from. It also used meringue rather than whipped cream, however.