Chocolate dump it cake - VANILLA

Hi -
I just made this cake for the second time - it was a HIT the first time, however I left out the vanilla at the end!!! Will the cake still taste good? Should I add it to the frosting????? THX!

asked by Ilene over 1 year ago

The cake should be ok! And, yes, you could add the vanilla to the icing (at the end, once the chocolate and sour cream are fully blended).

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I leave vanilla out of recipes on accident ALL THE TIME. I don't know, it's a blockage I have mentally. It'll be fine....just missing a dimension of flavor. Nobody ever got mad at "chocolate and sugar" as a flavor, though.