🔕 🔔

Can pastry dough made with shortening be left out since no butter is in it?

Used spectra palm coconut shortening and not butter

asked by My 5 months ago

731da808 0ee6 4688 813c 05a2a7f1ca9b  16463817 10154453650334385 2720521257626860247 o

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Raw pastry dough? CAN it be left out? Sure! Should it be left out? Depends on what kind of pastry dough it is. I wouldn't leave pie dough out since it relies on being cold to work properly.

I leave butter out on the counter all the time....as long as its not going to be there for a long period of time, pretty much any solid fat should be fine out of the refrigerator. It's a preservative after all.

I wouldn't leave raw pastry dough out, but I'd leave something with baked pastry dough out for a day or two, depending on the filling and how warm it is in the house (hot summer, I'd put it in the fridge).