🔕 🔔

My sweet limes aren't sweet OR sour. Just kind of bland. What should I do with them?

asked by linzarella over 7 years ago

Maybe dehydrate them to intensify the flavor. zest and cut away the pith. Dry the meat and zest. Then grind to powder in a coffee grinder.
Mix with salt ground to a fine powder. Add paprika, garlic powder, ginger and white or cayenne pepper (to taste) to make a popcorn salt.
(clean you coffee grinder by grinding some rice to remove flavor).

Panfusine

Pair them with another citrus to get an absolutely new unique perspective for your dish!

Jean | Delightful Repast

Nothing. Sweet limes are neither sweet nor sour. They are perfectly bland. There is nothing to be done with them. We once had a sweet lime tree. It was a waste of space, so we tore it out and planted a real lime tree.

linzarella

But I've had amazing sweet limes before -- almost like meyer lemons, but limes. These were the first duds I've gotten.

Jean | Delightful Repast

I'm certainly no expert on sweet limes, but we didn't get a single tasty one from that tree that produced for three seasons before we axed it. And everyone we mentioned it to who had ever tasted a sweet lime gave them a thumbs down. I hope you find some more that you like, but I can't think of anything that wouldn't be better with regular limes. Maybe the flavorful ones you got were just a fluke? Perhaps you could talk to someone at a plant nursery about them.