🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Lemon Posset

Ef40e299 cdfc 4bd3 bb28 3c366b221a89  022310f 699

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Lemon Posset" from mrslarkin. It says:

"Remove pan from heat and stir in lemon juice. Let cool, about 15 minutes. " What does this cooling step do? Can we shortcut by pouring into ramekins? Thanks MrsLarkin!

asked by Savorykitchen over 6 years ago

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Hi SK! The cooling step is to let the lemon juice/acid steep while the cream is warm. If you stir the cream well, I think you should be okay if you pour into ramekins right away. (But I haven't tried it that way.) Let us know if it works! Good luck!

D1964e69 bde7 422d 9621 9d8c1f7bc3cf  newliztoqueicon 2

I have made Liz's recipe half a dozen times, always using individual ramekins. I always do the 15 minute cool down. It comes out perfectly every time! Why mess with perfection ;)