🔕 🔔

How long does sweetened condensed milk, well refrigerated, last after opening? I have some that's been around a while, kept tightly covered and cold.

It looks fine. What's the wisdom on this? Thanks! ;o)

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Is all that sugar the key to eternal life? I have the same question, AJ.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I suspect if it's not moldy it's fine. It's probably got enough sugar to dissuade bacterial growth. If it's not moldy, I'd taste a tiny bit and if it tastes good I'd use it.

9137c33f b504 4ca8 99e9 ee44bd827f9b  fb avatar

Next time just eat it with a spoon, it only lasts about 30 minutes in my fridge, if it's OK for Antonio Corluci, it's OK for me. ;o)))

8d15d9cf 7f9f 46ec a8b7 7adad145fc4e  dsc 0954 wheat bread

I normally don't use it after 7 days, but I really don't know how long it will truly last. If you open a can and don't use it all, try freezing it. It stays soft, but freezes well. I agree with hardlikearmour, if it isn't moldy and taste fine, then it should be okay, especially if it is going to be cooked.

does it freeze?