How long does sweetened condensed milk, well refrigerated, last after opening? I have some that's been around a while, kept tightly covered and cold.

It looks fine. What's the wisdom on this? Thanks! ;o)

Is all that sugar the key to eternal life? I have the same question, AJ.

I suspect if it's not moldy it's fine. It's probably got enough sugar to dissuade bacterial growth. If it's not moldy, I'd taste a tiny bit and if it tastes good I'd use it.

youngalex

Next time just eat it with a spoon, it only lasts about 30 minutes in my fridge, if it's OK for Antonio Corluci, it's OK for me. ;o)))

katiebakes

I normally don't use it after 7 days, but I really don't know how long it will truly last. If you open a can and don't use it all, try freezing it. It stays soft, but freezes well. I agree with hardlikearmour, if it isn't moldy and taste fine, then it should be okay, especially if it is going to be cooked.

ellenl

does it freeze?