🔕 🔔

Farmers Market Favorites

Our farmers markets are booming this year! With all the choices it's a feast of freshness! Last weekend I bought t-bone steaks from a local rancher. Haven't tried them yet but they look amazing! Loving the variety of fresh products. In addition to produce, what does your farmers feature? BB

asked 3 months ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

I just went crazy purchasing $1 perennial plants at mine this weekend!

Mine offers seafood, local cheese, local honey, and local organic soy (tofu) products), bread, and flowers. There's even a food stall that has a portable tandoori oven that whips out fresh naan (OMG).

2487144e c60d 4bdc b4cc 4af767a9ad96  img 6405

I remember when the farmers markets sold only produce. Now they are a market place for all things local.

At the market this weekend they were already talking about fall produce squash, root vegetables, and pumpkins!
I must admit I think fall at the farmers market is the best time of year I love all the fall produce.
Our trees are starting to turn so it's not that far off .
Seems like the summer flew by in a flash!