morels

Just got some fresh morels from the farmers market today. I've never cooked with fresh morels before, and I'd love to hear some of your favorite preparations. Thanks in advance!

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Sauteed with shallots and butter or in a cream sauce.

bigpan

Ahhh, a superb mushroom. I like to cut out the stem and hollow out a bit, saute in butter, and stuff with cream cheese. Serve as a canape. Mix some of your favorite herbs with the cheese.

themissingingredient

Butter, butter and salt and pepper.

former Community Editor

You can find more ideas here too: http://food52.com/blog...

Nice in risotto also, to which sage leaves fried in brown butter makes a nice complement along with some lightly toasted nuts.

louisez

if you use the search function under recipes (under both morel and morels), there are recipes on this site. i hope you enjoy your morels!

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

I went with a morel cream sauce over fresh fettucini -- yum! Next time I'll try some of the other suggestions -- thanks for the excellent ideas!