A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

649ecb61 6487 41f5 9c81 eaae56545b24  2017 0601 chocolate bundt cake bobbi lin 27353

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Bundt Cake" from Kelsey Banfield. I only about 1/3 cup of dark cocoa powder. Any ideas to make up the difference? I have hot cocoa mix, chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate squares and a can do attitude....

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

asked 10 months ago

Both the hot cocoa mix and the chocolate chips have sugar already in them, and may make the eventual cake too sweet.
I have found best results with unsweetened chocolate.
For every 3 tbsp of cocoa you need to replace, use 1 oz of unsweet chocolate and reduce fat in recipe by 1 tbsp (as the chocolate already has some fat).
Second choice is the chocolate chips: use 2 oz for every 3 tbsp cocoa powder; using these I would reduce both sugar & fat by 1 tbsp for every 2 oz of chips you use.

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Thanks, Nancy!