Any suggestions on how to cook a pork arm steak?

We are on our last 2 packages of pork from a pig we bought last year and they are labeled "arm steak". I've never heard of an arm steak and am not sure how to cook them. Should I braise them, cook them in a pressure cooker or slow cooker, or treat them like a pork chop or steak?

asked by ktr about 1 year ago

My first suggestion would be for you to contact the merchant and ask them for their recommendations on how to use this particular cut. After all, they have a vested interested in you being happy with the results so you may consider as a returning customer.

That said, I did a simple Internet search and apparently an arm steak is from the pork shoulder and thus would be more suitable a low-and-slow cooking method like a slow cooker or braising.

ktr
ktr

I tried a google search but I saw recipes for both grilling and slow cooking so I wasn't sure which way to go with. I would contact the vendor but it's a relative and while he is a good home butcher, his cooking involves frying or grilling everything. Thanks for the help, I will try slow cooking it.