🔕 🔔

Any suggestions on how to cook a pork arm steak?

We are on our last 2 packages of pork from a pig we bought last year and they are labeled "arm steak". I've never heard of an arm steak and am not sure how to cook them. Should I braise them, cook them in a pressure cooker or slow cooker, or treat them like a pork chop or steak?

asked by ktr 2 months ago

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

My first suggestion would be for you to contact the merchant and ask them for their recommendations on how to use this particular cut. After all, they have a vested interested in you being happy with the results so you may consider as a returning customer.

That said, I did a simple Internet search and apparently an arm steak is from the pork shoulder and thus would be more suitable a low-and-slow cooking method like a slow cooker or braising.

ktr

I tried a google search but I saw recipes for both grilling and slow cooking so I wasn't sure which way to go with. I would contact the vendor but it's a relative and while he is a good home butcher, his cooking involves frying or grilling everything. Thanks for the help, I will try slow cooking it.