Chocolate wafer crust for cheesecake

Should I prebake a chocolate wafer crust before adding the cheesecake filling? And, how can I prevent the chocolate crust from crumbling when I cut slices?

asked by Kathi Koegle about 1 year ago

Rachelwrites

I made a gingersnap crust that was prebaked for 14 minutes at 350. I would think they would be similar

With many cookie crust recipes, baking is optional according to preference. There is usually a good amount of fat that "holds it together". Use a sharp knife and a pie slice (triangular "spatula") to help with cutting and serving. In my experience there is not that much crumbling.