🔕 🔔

Chocolate wafer crust for cheesecake

Should I prebake a chocolate wafer crust before adding the cheesecake filling? And, how can I prevent the chocolate crust from crumbling when I cut slices?

asked by Kathi Koegle 3 months ago

C4950803 7ae7 4d2a 9c91 ff8b856fe028  dscf0339

I made a gingersnap crust that was prebaked for 14 minutes at 350. I would think they would be similar

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

With many cookie crust recipes, baking is optional according to preference. There is usually a good amount of fat that "holds it together". Use a sharp knife and a pie slice (triangular "spatula") to help with cutting and serving. In my experience there is not that much crumbling.