Gingerbread Cookie Dough Crust

I'm making Pumpkin Cheesecake and need help! I want to make a Gingerbread Crust to go with the Pumpkin, and I have a batch of Gingerbread Cookie Dough in the freezer. Can I use this dough as a base for my Pumpkin Cheesecake? Also, if I do, do I need to prebake or just assemble as dough and bake? PLUS - I plan to make two at once and freeze one another date...does Cheesecake freeze well? Help! I need to bake this week.

asked by Angie Dorman Erickson 9 months ago

Technically you could bake the cookie dough as pie crust but I fear it will be both denser than a regular crust & maybe hard to cut nicely.
I recommend baking the dough as cookies, then crumbling & mixing with butter to make a regular cookie crust.
If you feel experimental, and want to see side by side results, split the dough and make both ways...one pie each way.
Cheesecake freezes well, for about 2 months.