A question about a recipe: Porcini and Rosemary Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine Sauce

A12460b4 9b59 4a14 86a9 849a71ba882e  img 2770

I have a question about the recipe "Porcini and Rosemary Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine Sauce" from TasteFood. How about rubbing the porcini/rosemary/pepper on the beef before the overnight refrigeration

asked by Lorenza 9 months ago

I don't see why that wouldn't work!

caz mclaughlin

It depends on whether you are using fresh or dried herbs. This sounds obvious, I know, but dried herbs and dried porcini have an intensity of flavour that can be anything <4 times that of fresh herbs. Rosemary is a particularly intense herb in it's own right. Go with what you think is best and the flavour you want to achieve. I personally would add the rosemary later on in the cooking procedure.