🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Mini-Crabcakes with Celery Root - Fennel Slaw

157049cc c271 4a7a 8bcb 52106242dc5b  crabcakes with fennel celery root slaw bestpicnikd

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "Mini-Crabcakes with Celery Root - Fennel Slaw" from ChezSuzanne. It says:

"Fill your molds with enough of the breadcrumb mixture to cover the bottom pretty well and tamp down. Fill the rest of the molds with the crabcake mixture and sprinkle a little of the breadcrumb mixture on the top." What size molds are these? I've always fried mine in a pan w/EVOO and would like to try this recipe.

asked by mweiss4 over 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

She uses mini cupcake pans and bakes them so they are hors d'oeuvres sized.

Bc343245 99fb 4d2b 8579 9bf9c485181e  me

Thanks for your interest in making these, mweiss4! I've used both mini and regular sized cupcake pans to make these as drbabs say. For the ones in the picture, I used a pan of mini cheesecake molds. The nice thing about the cheesecake molds was I could make them a little higher, and they were easy to get out of the molds thanks to the false bottoms they all have. Any of these options will work well. I hope you like them!!