🔕 🔔

I want to make yam balls but made the mistake of baking them wrapped in foil, now too wet.

Deciding if I should spread them on cookie sheet and bake for awhile or add a binding ingredient but worried about taste.

asked by Penney 6 months ago

I'm not familiar with yam balls—do you have a link to a recipe you can share? The yams/sweet potatoes should lose a lot of that moisture if break them open, spread them out on a baking pan and let it evaporate away in the oven at low temperature—say 250F.

Penney

Thanks, I'm trying to dry them out now. The recipe is easy found on The Chew. Yams, maple, spices, stuffed with marshmellows and rolled in coconut and toasted pecans. yum. hope they turn out

Yum indeed! Good luck—if you're feeling iffy once you mix the yam mixture together and start forming balls, you could try baking off a couple and seeing if they hold their shape, then add an egg or a bit of extra coconut to the mix if not, and bake another test batch. Seems like the drying should do the trick though!