🔕 🔔

Tip of the Day, powered by Braun

For a still-fancy holiday main that isn’t a ubiquitous roast, look to the sea—dishes like this walnut-crusted trout are just as impressive. If you ever need to chop nuts quickly, whether for the crust or something totally different (like stuffing or a pie), a hand blender like Braun’s MultiQuick 9 does the job better than a knife.

This is from your friendly editors at Food52.

asked about 1 month ago

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

added about 1 month ago

Food52 has jumped the shark. :(

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

added about 1 month ago

Adding my note here as well: Thanks all for weighing in. We agree that our approach was wrong here -- and it's our mistake because we're the ones who suggested it to Braun. We're an ad-supported business and we're proud to be working with brands like Braun. Our goal when we work with brands is always to find ways to expand on what we cover or to serve you better, as we did with the same brand for our Holiday Menu Maker: https://food52.com/holiday....... Occasionally, though, we miss the mark. We appreciate your feedback -- we'd much rather hear from you so we can get better. Happy holidays, all!

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

added about 1 month ago

However, this is the F52 Hotline, where questions are asked and answered. Personally, I do not come here for commercial advertisements, Really not appreciated.

added about 1 month ago

The cookbook club on Facebook pitches the shops products and non related cookbook of the months posts. oh well. free content and still place to talk food.

added about 1 month ago

Coincidence, but I just looked up a recipe I make often for reference and Braun is now situated in the recipe instructions! Ugh. I guess other food sites do advertiser/product placement so why not, F52 guess. It's a business not a NFP.

https://food52.com/recipes...

This concludes my whining (for now). Love the site : )

added about 1 month ago

Yeah, I just did a recipe search for "walnut crusted trout" and found the source of the "pitch", where one of the eds has suggested using this device. sigh. I hope headnotes in recipes submitted by users won't get hacked in this way. "tip of the day powered by Braun." Geez.

3d6b515c 5134 4af9 8148 ce3943eda528  1px white
added about 1 month ago

No one can please everyone all the time, not here, not anywhere else on the Internet, nor anywhere in the universe.

I will refrain from voicing my specific opinion about the use of commercial posts in a Q&A help forum but at some point I will voice my explicit opinion about this practice.

If the "friendly editors at Food52" wish to continue on this path, I wish them the best of luck.

Check to you.

added about 1 month ago

Thanks all for weighing in. We agree that our approach was wrong here -- and it's our mistake because we're the ones who suggested it to Braun. We're an ad-supported business and we're proud to be working with brands like Braun. Our goal when we work with brands is always to find ways to expand on what we cover or to serve you better, as we did with the same brand for our Holiday Menu Maker: https://food52.com/holiday.... Occasionally, though, we miss the mark. We appreciate your feedback -- we'd much rather hear from you so we can get better. Happy holidays, all!