Tip of the Day, powered by Braun

For a still-fancy holiday main that isn’t a ubiquitous roast, look to the sea—dishes like this walnut-crusted trout are just as impressive. If you ever need to chop nuts quickly, whether for the crust or something totally different (like stuffing or a pie), a hand blender like Braun’s MultiQuick 9 does the job better than a knife.

This is from your friendly editors at Food52.

asked 7 months ago

Food52 has jumped the shark. :(

Adding my note here as well: Thanks all for weighing in. We agree that our approach was wrong here -- and it's our mistake because we're the ones who suggested it to Braun. We're an ad-supported business and we're proud to be working with brands like Braun. Our goal when we work with brands is always to find ways to expand on what we cover or to serve you better, as we did with the same brand for our Holiday Menu Maker: https://food52.com/holiday....... Occasionally, though, we miss the mark. We appreciate your feedback -- we'd much rather hear from you so we can get better. Happy holidays, all!

However, this is the F52 Hotline, where questions are asked and answered. Personally, I do not come here for commercial advertisements, Really not appreciated.

The cookbook club on Facebook pitches the shops products and non related cookbook of the months posts. oh well. free content and still place to talk food.

Coincidence, but I just looked up a recipe I make often for reference and Braun is now situated in the recipe instructions! Ugh. I guess other food sites do advertiser/product placement so why not, F52 guess. It's a business not a NFP.

https://food52.com/recipes...

This concludes my whining (for now). Love the site : )

Yeah, I just did a recipe search for "walnut crusted trout" and found the source of the "pitch", where one of the eds has suggested using this device. sigh. I hope headnotes in recipes submitted by users won't get hacked in this way. "tip of the day powered by Braun." Geez.

No one can please everyone all the time, not here, not anywhere else on the Internet, nor anywhere in the universe.

I will refrain from voicing my specific opinion about the use of commercial posts in a Q&A help forum but at some point I will voice my explicit opinion about this practice.

If the "friendly editors at Food52" wish to continue on this path, I wish them the best of luck.

Check to you.

Thanks all for weighing in. We agree that our approach was wrong here -- and it's our mistake because we're the ones who suggested it to Braun. We're an ad-supported business and we're proud to be working with brands like Braun. Our goal when we work with brands is always to find ways to expand on what we cover or to serve you better, as we did with the same brand for our Holiday Menu Maker: https://food52.com/holiday.... Occasionally, though, we miss the mark. We appreciate your feedback -- we'd much rather hear from you so we can get better. Happy holidays, all!