Grappa substitute?

I’m baking an Italian honey cookie that calls for two tablespoons of grappa. Any suggestions what I could use as a substitute?

asked by Liv Leader about 1 year ago

Probably almost any liquid. Certainly any liquor that you like. Grappa is Italian "firewater." It has little flavor, but is high in alcohol and burns going down. It's clear. Vodka would be a good sub...

I will politely disagree with Chef June whose opinions I respect. Grappa is distilled from grapes and has flavor notes that are slightly sweet behind the high octane alcohol. Subtle but they are there. You might substitute a pear or apple spirit of similar proof such as calvados.

Exbruxelles

I'd use brandy.