🔕 🔔

When substituting honey for molasses in a cookie that I want to be soft, do I need to adjust the baking soda, or any other ingredient?

Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

asked about 6 years ago

Nope. Substitute the one for the other, the two are pretty equally acidic. I do it all the time, as I always have honey on hand, but often don't remember to replace molasses when I use the last of it.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Thats so good to know, I wondered also. Thanks boulangere!

And there's no one else in the house to remind me of it. Like, "Mom! Did you know we're out of dog food?" about 9:59 at night, just as the last store closes at 10. I'm no better off now than I was then.

Molasses attracts and holds moisture better than honey so you may have to experiment a little with additional liquid.

In my experience, honey is much more hygroscopic.