I plan to cook 2 beef rib roasts to medium rare they are both a little over 6lbs each.Do I use the same cook time per lb as a 12-13 lb roast?

Last years roast was very tasty but well done. We had 24 people to feed and they all brought dishes that needed to be kept warm or cooked. The meat got tired of the wait.

asked by nigel 11 months ago

MMH
MMH

I would use an inserted thermometer with a remote in each so you can monitor the internal temperature. It's temperature not time.

Sara Branscum

Cook time should be as if they are separate. Absolutely use a meat thermometer and it may be an instant reading that you do not leave it in. With the investment that you have in the beef you must use a thermometer...in my opinion.