🔕 🔔

Homemade herb pasta in KitchenAid pasta roller coming out with holes

I'm using the KitchenAid pasta attachment roller to make pasta dough. I've been making herb-infused pasta by puréeing herbs into the eggs and making the recipe per the KitchenAid instructions (7/8 cup eggs/liquid to 3 1/2 cups flour). After mixing and resting, the dough falls apart as it comes through the roller (setting 1, speed 2), or has holes in it. The first time I made it, it seemed way too wet, but even after adding over a cup more flour, it still wouldn't stick and I had to toss it. The next time, it seemed way too dry, so I added a bit more water to just get it to stick, and it seemed less holey, but required a lot of re-rolling to get a sheet without punctures. What am I doing wrong?

asked by Claire S 27 days ago