🔕 🔔

Fermented carrots

I've been buying some yummy fermented carrots at Whole Foods lately. Unfortunately the jar is $9.99 and I know I can make these carrots very cheaply. Does any have a great fermented carrot or any veggie recipe they'd like to share?

asked by Stephanie G 15 days ago

This is carrot kimchi. If you leave out the spices, you'll just have fermented carrots. https://kitchencounterculture121...

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

Stephanie - Sandor Katz is an expert in the area of all things fermentation. Here's a link to his website forum relating to fermented vegetables. http://www.wildfermentationforum...
In my experience w/ making fermented foods at home it will take some trial and error on your part, but you should be able to find and develop on your own a recipe that you like for fermented carrots. Best of luck!

Thanks to both of you! I read his book last summer and was sad to take it back to the library without trying any recipes. I will look up his website...thank you!

Trena Heinrich

I really loved his book, too! I like the website because there are a lot of people on the discussion boards who are very knowledgable about fermentation. Let us know how it turns out!