How do I add jerk seasoning to pork that has already been cooked in the crockpot?

I made a pork loin in the crockpot yesterday, only seasoned with salt and pepper. The dry jerk seasoning I ordered weeks ago finally arrived last night and I want to use it on this pork. How can I blend it in/reheat it with the already cooked pork?

asked by pancho36 10 months ago

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

If your pork is shredded, I would take some of the liquid that the pork has been cooked in and make a little slurry with the seasoning and then stir that back into the pork and let it stand over warm or low heat for a while to help distribute the flavor. If it's not shredded, I am less certain. Maybe make a jerk sauce or just sprinkle some over for flavoring. Either way, you probably won't get the same 'cooked in' flavor but you'll get a nice compromise. Glad you finally got your jerk seasoning!

pancho36

Thank you! I shredded the pork and kept the liquid in a separate container so making a slurry will be easy. Excellent idea! I can't wait to properly use my new seasoning on raw meat next time -- but until then, this will work. Thanks again!