🔕 🔔

Urgent

I have everything chopped (pork cubes, carrot, onion, potato) was supposed to use it for stew kind of thing. That idea is gone now that I bought the wrong sauce. Now I'm going to throw chopped ingredients on a baking dish and into the oven to all roast at 450. How long should I bake

asked by lena 23 days ago

Also is a glass pan ok to use

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

Well, it's 12 hours later, it's probably done by now. I'm kind of curious as to what sort of stew would require a storebought sauce, though.

Probably one of those simmer sauce things you see in the grocery store. Not quite making things from scratch, but still better than a frozen meal or those pre-packaged meats you find next to the pre-packaged cold cuts in my opinion.

My guess is that the cubed pork was waaaaaaay overcooked by the time the potatoes and carrots got tender in the oven, especially if they were similar sizes.

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Agree with Smaug, you don't need a jarred sauce to make stew. Baking in the oven will probably result in a dry and tough dish. Here's the general idea: https://www.epicurious... It is not difficult, and will taste much better than something out of a jar. And you'll have the reward of having made something fresh and flavorful. You can!

Not familiar with that article, but I'd say as a general thing that mastering- or at least gaining confidence with- stews is a great way to work on general cooking skills- sequencing ingredients, balancing dishes, combining flavors etc., as well as plenty of knife practice, in a very forgiving medium.