🔕 🔔

I have a recipe for chapati (Indian flatbread) and I am wondering if I can make the dough ahead of time?

I have made the recipe several times from the Made in India cookbook but it feels like a lot to do right during crazy dinner prep time. Just wondering if it would do ok if I made it a few hours ahead of time?

asked by Elle Jensen 20 days ago

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

No problem- it really should rest for an hour or so, and will keep for at least a couple of days tightly wrapped in the refrigerator, probably longer- there's not much that's going to happen to it.

7c4e3778 a9ef 4b22 a4b5 bb759212c530  dsc 6356

Yes, you can store it for a week. Only thing that would happen would be the color may become slightly brown overtime. I make enough dough to use it 3 times a week and store it in airtight container in the fridge.

Agreed with Pistachio - the dough will turn browner as it ages in the fridge but will still be good to use. Let it come to room temperature about 15-20 minutes before you actually want to start rolling them out. You can also **very lightly** oil the dough if its too sticky.