A question about a recipe: Nigella Lawson’s Chicken and Pea Traybake

020eef46 b84e 4f40 8f28 bfc4217f428e  2018 0404 nigella lawson sheet pan chicken peas genius 3x2 bobbi lin 10546

I have a question about the recipe "Nigella Lawson’s Chicken and Pea Traybake" from Genius Recipes. Could you substitute white wine for the vermouth?

asked by Mel Morris 8 months ago

Reading the recipe, it seems like white wine would be a suitable substitute for the vermouth.

My preference would be for something that is fairly neutral in flavor profile, neither herbaceous nor overly oaked.

Best of luck.

Mel Morris

Thank you!

Yes, Nigella supports this (she just doesn't tend to have wine around like she does vermouth)—she also offers that even chicken stock would work.

Mel Morris

Thank you!