Can someone please give me cup measurements in grams as I do not have US cups

Is there a conversion sight US to grams for recipes

asked by Glenda 2 months ago

Emma Laperruque
Emma Laperruque

Food Writer & Recipe Developer at Food52

Hi Glenda! King Arthur has a great searchable chart for this: https://www.kingarthurflour...

This is a great chart. I use it all the time.

This is a bit of a confusing question, as cups are a volume measure while grams are (strictly speaking) a measure of mass; a gram is equivalent to a cubic centimeter of water- a cup will hold approximately 250cc (=250 ml) of water= 250 grams. For other ingredients you would need to know their specific density, which presumably the chart mentioned above will give for common baking ingredients.