Urgent :( burned brownies in ceramic cups, help please! Do I have to throw away my cups now or can I somehow remove the burned hard cookies from the

Ceramic cups
I was stupid enough to do it
Brownies are now hard and stuck in the cups
I really don't want to throw them away

asked by JoyZ over 3 years ago

Julija

Soak the whole mess in a big pot of hot water for as long as it takes to scrape the brownies out...

irina

Just soak them for as long as it takes.

Stephanie

Here's an idea - depends on the equipment you have... I have the cuisanart steam oven and just realized that I can steam things that fit in there for an easier cleanup - and thinking, depending on the size of your steaming apparatus, and the cup size, maybe that could work well? Throw some vinegar and lemon in cups and place upright in steamer? Steam for 20/30 minutes any highest steam you can

JoyZ

Thank you a lot everyone, really. I started by soaking the cups in hot water, I removed most of it, and now I'll do the Dawn Platinum thing. Thank you ^^

Michele

Soaking with baking soda helps to remove really stubborn things.

If all else fails, I've had success with the most burnt-on mess with this stuff: http://www.dawn-dish.com/us/dawn/product/037000006329 For some reason, I can only find it at the hardware store, not the supermarket. Go figure.