A question about a recipe: Susan Miglore's Fudgy Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake

558e2af0 d1b1 4f2c 9463 569da51ac0d8  2018 0501 chocolate cream cheese ribbon cake 3x2 bobbi lin 8594

I have a question about the recipe "Susan Miglore's Fudgy Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake" from Genius Recipes. Any high altitude tips

asked by Rachel Martin 7 months ago

Hi Rachel, I'm pasting this here as well for others' reference: I'm sorry to say that I don't have any high-altitude baking tips (and Genius Desserts doesn't tackle high-altitude modifications). I know how complicated it can be so I think it's best to refer to a dedicated expert, like Susan Purdy—are you familiar with her work? Here's her site: http://www.highaltitudebaking.com/

Miss Karen

Susan Purdy did write 'Pie in the sky' which is pretty good for reference. I happen to live in between her testing zones however. (6035 ft) Generally speaking add about 2 TBSP up to 1/4 cup of flour. Reduce the sugar by about 2 TBSP per cup. Reduce leavening by 1/8-1/4tsp. Pre heat the oven hotter than what is called for, and then immediately set the temp to the recipe. This helps to stabilize the baked item.

Miss Karen

Food52 should consider some of the population do not live at sea level...