🔕 🔔

trying poule-en-pot. Recipe with 2# chicken, have 6# chicken. How much more simmering beyond recipe stated 1h, w heavier bird?

asked by @bluedepth about 6 years ago

A 2# chicken?!?! Can you include a tag to your recipe? You'll probably have to increase ingredients which will likely compensate for longer simmering time, though you'll probably need a somewhat longer simmering time, too. Sorry, just sort of stabbing in the dark here. I'm still absorbing the idea of a 2# chicken!

I can't imagine a 2-pound chicken having the "stuff" to make a stewed chix recipe.

My chicken in the Pot recipe uses a 4-pounder, and bakes in a 350 degree oven for an hour and a half. I'd guess the 6-pound bird would take another 45 minutes. but I'd test it witn an instant read thermometer at that point.