for your recipe Parsnip and Potato mash for six people, the directions seem wrong with just 12 ounces of potatoes total.

first of all ounces is a weird way of measuring potatoes. I looked up that 3 medium russet potatoes equals one pound generally. so when the recipe for six people suggests only 12 ounces of potatoes, I wonder how 2 potatoes are going to feed six?

Nancy November 11, 2018

Most recipes for potato parsnip mash have equal amounts of the two veg, or at most 2:1 ratio.
The recipe here has a higher proportion (3:1 parsnip to potato) and only about 3 lb vegetable for 6 people...doable but no margin for big appetites or seconds.
Increase the potatoes and adjust this recipe, or look for a better one elsewhere (food network and Martha Stewart have good ones).

Smaug November 11, 2018

I wouldn't say that ounces is at all a weird way to measure potatoes- they vary so much in size and shape that something like "3 medium potatoes" is virtually meaningless.