White worm in chocolate cornet

Recently, My CORNET CHOCOLATE (like solen chocolate cornet or kit kat cone) has been infected by white worm after it was sealed and delivered to the costumer. I want to know there is any way to prevent these worms (larvae) formation in the cornet or not? Food source may be infected by insect eggs , but how can I prevent them from becoming larvae?

asked by Mostafa 22 days ago

Angela Tribelli

Hi Mostafa,

Sounds like you may have an Indian meal moth problem on your hands -- apparently, the tend to like chocolate. This article has some terrific information the various larvae stages of the moth and what you can do to prevent further troubles: https://ento.psu.edu/extension/factsheets/cereal-and-pantry-pests

Good luck!

Mostafa

Thank you Tribelli.