Yogurt recipes

I've been making yogurt lately. It's wonderful for cheese, smoothies and taziki (sp?) but I'm growing tired of all of these. Any other ideas?

asked by cmg over 7 years ago

You can certainly substitute sour cream with yogurt in baking recipes, and use it as the basis for salad dressings. If you have an ice cream freezer, chop up some fruit and make frozen yogurt.

Rivka

I love yogurt rice; it's an Indian dish that's light yet filling, and plenty nutritious. If you serve it with a curry or lentil dish, it eliminates the need for raita. Here's a great yogurt rice recipe: http://www.nytimes.com.... I think Amanda's NYT cookbook also has at least one.

prettyPeas

I also make more yogurt than I can eat for breakfast. Some of my favorite uses include salad dressings, Indian curries and marinades, and my favorite salad http://www.amazon.com/gp...
with strained yogurt instead of labne.

Burnt Offerings

You can sub it for buttermilk or sourcream in lot of baked goods recipes like coffee cake, pound cake, muffins or quick breads - it's great in zucchini bread. I throw a TBL as a topping into almost any bowl of soup, stew or chili I eat. It can make some great citrus, and fruit mousses and puddings.

nomnivorous

Any recipe that calls for milk, especially in baking, I'll use yogurt. Just thin it out a little bit with water and measure as the recipe calls for.

ellenl

Try yoghurt for the liquid in Mark Bittman's clafouti. It's delicious.

If subbing yogurt for milk, be sure to add baking soda: 1/2 tsp per 8 oz of yogurt

Melusine

My favorite light lunch to take to work: I layer sliced fruit, (from berries and kiwis to apple chunks and orange segments,) in the bottom of a round Tupperware container, cover with an inch or so of yogurt and then add a layer of muesli or granola. Not bad for a late night snack, either.

william_huebl

Many folks don't realize you can make the best yogurt money can't buy for the price of milk.

http://mryogurt.info/