A question about a recipe: Nan-e Berenji (Persian Rice Cookies)

I have a question about the recipe "Nan-e Berenji (Persian Rice Cookies)" from Louisa Shafia. Could you tell me where you got the cookie mould used in this photo. It’s gorgeous! Thank you so much, Suzanne

• Posted by: Suzanne
  • January 23, 2019

Mary Ellen Togtmanwood
Mary Ellen Togtmanwood January 25, 2019

I had trouble getting the dough to hold together. As a matter of fact I decided not to finish making the cookies because something was obviously wrong. It was at that point that I compared this recipe to another that was very similar. This recipe called for a 1/2 C of butter. Using only that, the dough wasn't usable. A similar recipe called for 1C of butter. As soon as I added that butter the dough was workable (though I didn't roll the dough) I made individual cookies, flattened slightly and then made the various decorative impressions plus that brewed saffron! I'll use this recipe again but with the added 1/2 C of butter and no roll out of the dough.

Mary Ellen Togtmanwood
Mary Ellen Togtmanwood January 25, 2019

I'm rather pleased at my efforts.