A question about a recipe: Spaghetti Aglio e Olio e Salsiccia (Spaghetti With Garlic, Olive Oil & Sausage)

I have a question about the recipe "Spaghetti Aglio e Olio e Salsiccia (Spaghetti With Garlic, Olive Oil & Sausage)" from Ella Quittner. For the past several weeks I've stored pasta water in a clean bottle in the refrigerator. It's turned to a clean odorless white jelly. Would make a good thickener?

Peter Beckles
Peter Beckles January 24, 2019

I have a bottle of pasta water in the refrigerator. It has become a nice, clean, white, odorless jelly. I want to try it as a thickener. Any comments?

Stephanie B.
Stephanie B. January 24, 2019

Hmm...that's interesting! If I were you, I'd try warming some of it to see if it melts and gets smooth again. If it does, I'd guess it would work to thicken this pasta.

Peter Beckles
Peter Beckles January 26, 2019

I warmed it. It liquefied, looking just like pasta water. On cooling, it gelled again.
I'll let you know pretty soon how it works as a thickener.