messed up Indian Spiced Lamb Chili, needs rescue

Got lamb stew on sale and used this recipe which calls for ground lamb and did not adjust the cooking time. At 8 hours, the meat is not a good texture but the real problem is I accidentally doubled the amount of diced tomatoes. It's soupy and somewhat sour, any suggestions?

• Posted by: Sue
  • January 31, 2019

1 Comment

Lori Terwilliger
Lori Terwilliger January 31, 2019

Consider removing the solids and cooking down the liquid portion in a pot on the stove, to help evaporate the excess. When it is reduced enough, you can return the solids to it. As far as dealing with the slightly sour taste, sometimes a bit of sugar can counteract that. It's likely a result of the tomatos, though long cooking usually tames it. Sometimes it doesn't. There isn't much you can do to remove the extra tomatos now, but I don't think it will be detrimental to the dish.

Sue
Sue January 31, 2019

Great tip, I think it will work. I wasn't sure about the sugar but will give it a go. Thank you!