not hung up in the cheddar and yes I plan to use a bologna sauce. Cheers

Amanda Hesser March 22, 2011

Thanks for the follow up -- when you respond from Twitter, please click on the link to your question and answer on the site -- otherwise your response doesn't connect to your question, as you'll see here. Thanks!

susan g March 22, 2011

you didn't really mean bologna, did you? I think this is another spell check dictum -- just heard a piece about this on NPR this morning. At least it was another food!

Stockout
Stockout March 22, 2011

Lasagna means a layered dish of a starch and cheese with a sauce. Today the work lasagna has come around to the same thing as a Xerox or a Bufferin. It has been incorporated into the American language to mean a generic item. Not a bad thing but there are some who will fight you to the death about a TRUE lasagna and those that will make a Mexican one...or a Chinese one. You want cheddar, you like cheddar then cook with it. If you are asking for a traditional bolognese lasagna then that is a totally different subject. As long as you layer pasta, bolonese sauce and cheese of a creamy white (preferable Itialian) type, I am sure your "lasagna" will be as wonderful as the effort you have put into it. Serve it with pride and call it your own.