Local beef or pork in Mass or NH?

I'm looking for some locally raised beef or pork. Does anyone know a farmer in northern Mass or southern NH? Getting tired of the supermarket! The Butcher Shop in Boston is wonderful, but I'd rather get directly from the farm. Thanks!

fiveandspice
fiveandspice March 30, 2011

I don't know of so many in Northern Mass, most of the farms I know of are a little more towards Western Mass, but there are a couple of great ones. I get all of my meat from Chestnut Farms (in Hardwick), and it is completely wonderful. The meat is high quality and Kim the farmer is fabulous. Stillman's is also good, and it's farther north, pretty near New Hampshire. And I've heard of another called River Rock which people say good things about too.

Shaggy77
Shaggy77 March 30, 2011

Peep out Brookford Farm in Rollinsford, NH. Locally grown and locally sourced.

Shaggy77
Shaggy77 March 30, 2011
http://brookfordfarm.com/
Helen's All Night Diner

Thank you! I think I'll check out Brookford Farm first, seems to be the closest. Looks like it will be well worth the 75 minute drive! Digging my coolers out of the basement now... Will check out the others as the weather gets better. Great information!

michaela_rose_
michaela_rose_ March 31, 2011

Brookdale Fruit Farm and Lull Farm in Hollis, NH (just outside of Nashua) both carry local beef!

Helen's All Night Diner

Thanks Michaela Rose, those sound great, too!