can you use beef to make the bacon

I nt to oder the bacon kit and I as wondering if I could use beef instead of pork?

asked by Kelley Harris over 3 years ago

Probably yes. But, in order not to hurt its feelings, you'd want to call the finished product corned beef or pastrami. And once you''re thinking home made corned beef/pastrami you may want to look at recipes and kits specifically designed for beef.

Jan Weber

Try lamb - I think you'll get better results.

nancy essig

On Vancouver Island, there is a butcher that makes delicious Beef Bacon. So yes, it can be done successfully

Lauren Kelley

Kelley -- that is such a great question! We reached out to the team who makes the DIY Bacon Kit we carry in the shop, and they said they've heard of customers trying it with beef, but haven't done it themselves.

If you do try it out and it works, we'd love to hear about it!