🔕 🔔

can you use beef to make the bacon

I nt to oder the bacon kit and I as wondering if I could use beef instead of pork?

asked by Kelley Harris over 2 years ago

Probably yes. But, in order not to hurt its feelings, you'd want to call the finished product corned beef or pastrami. And once you''re thinking home made corned beef/pastrami you may want to look at recipes and kits specifically designed for beef.

F16adcb5 e667 4c56 8d37 2984714c46e9  open uri20131025 3491 1e6gbf8

Try lamb - I think you'll get better results.

0a62c55f 38bb 4f00 aefc 1de6685070d9  stringio

On Vancouver Island, there is a butcher that makes delicious Beef Bacon. So yes, it can be done successfully

0db46cee 6cad 479e b5bd d0c0cff2aa2d  lk

Kelley -- that is such a great question! We reached out to the team who makes the DIY Bacon Kit we carry in the shop, and they said they've heard of customers trying it with beef, but haven't done it themselves.

If you do try it out and it works, we'd love to hear about it!