How long does pork shoulder last after the use by date in your experience? I have a pretty cold fridge. I know that beef will last a few more days, chicken one day maybe, but I don't buy pork shoulder very often. I was sick so I didn't get to it. Should have frozen it.

• Posted by: nutcakes
  • February 14, 2011

nutcakes
nutcakes February 14, 2011

Also it is vacume wrapped in plastic.

pierino February 14, 2011

If it's vac-sealed you still have time left. How soon do you want to use it? If it's just tight in a cling wrapped foam tray, not much longer. But keep in mind that there's a difference between meat that's past its prime and meat that's actually spoiled.

runningcooker
runningcooker February 14, 2011

Most use by dates are a bit early to be on the safe side. I have cooked pork shoulder that was five days out of date. It was vac packed, and i slow cooked it so that it fell apart. No ill effects

Kayb
Kayb February 14, 2011

I agree, vac packed it ought to be good for several days. When in doubt, try the smell test!