THE BIGGEST ORGANIC FRUIT IN THE WORLD

4ca8b5b5 be00 4689 8e9d c32d8e3bdcfe  dsc 0288

JACKFRUIT
Today there is a festival of dishes from jack fruit at CGH earth hotel Cochin in collaboration with Farmers Association ,Wayanad.They exhibit Jack-fruit pappad, Jack fruit seed vada ,halwa,pickle, jelly, squash, Jackfruit skin pickle, bar,masala chips etc ets

http://www.wayanad.com/wayanad-history.htm

https://picasaweb.google.com/paulvj000/JackFruit#

asked by pauljoseph over 7 years ago

Anitalectric
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

As a vegan, I have recently discovered young jackfruit as an amazing and versatile ingredient in savory cooking. It can be stewed and use to replace meat or fish in recipes like ropa vieja, crabcakes, pulled pork, or this gumbo I made in the winter.

Totally under-appreciated fruit!

Thanks for the link to your photo album! I always love your pictures.

innoabrd

I love Jackfruit. We had a tree in our yard in Delhi. It was a wonderful day when we finally picked a fruit!

Panfusine

Its terrible that we in the US have to make do with the canned version, but its better than not having any..AS kids it was always drummed into us that you shouldn't have too much or else you'll get a stomach ache, I think its because of the labor involved in removing the sweet flesh from the watermelon sized fruit!

Bevi

I have recently seen jackfruit in produce sections of supermarkets.